Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Somewhere over the rainbow!!!

It's been a horrendous month and I'm GLAAAAAAAAD it's over....not a single day has passed when I haven't shed a tear..but somehow today I feel buoyant...not sure what I did but I found my kohl lined eyes back and the urge to smile...The willingness to deck up and the desire to live life the way it's supposed to be lived :D...I let go of something and it made me feel so light that I almost feel I can fly!!! 

I've loved this song from the time I was a little girl...easy simple lyrics with profound meaning, I enjoyed singing it in the choir at school and love it just as much today....I still nurse an ambition to get behind a cockpit one day and soar above where the world below me looks like a maze and the world above me a haze.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?

Beautiful isn't it? I've learnt something over the past few days...everybody has troubles...everybody deals with it differently...but if you carry your problems on your shoulders, with you everywhere you go, they will only slow you down...Life isn't a sprint race to buzz past it in a jiffy...It's to be enjoyed and savored and every living moment is precious..Why share it with troubles when you can share it with friends over a bottle of red wine ;-)

2 videos of the song I found. One is handled beautifully...something about the sepia tone just haunts me...but the pace can really put me to sleep...the other has these beautiful locales(I think it's Maldives) and has a more bouncy feel :D

 

For some odd reason I couldn't put up the other video so just leaving the link here Over the Rainbow

 So how are you today?


Mit freundlichen Grüßen

4 COMMENTS:

Atrocious Scribblings said...

Machi, That's a lot of profound philosophy you've packed into one post. Brimming with wisdom are we? :D

Glad you're feeling lighter and happier. I wish you have the good fortune to feel the same way perennially.

Beste Grüße :)

The DRAGON in the skin of a goat ;-p said...

@Machi: it was freaky..I was just replying to the comment on your blog and plom I get a notification that you left one on mine...Thanks for the wishes and yep brimming and over flowing with wisdom...what can I say...One jelly donut can make such a lot of difference ;-)

Red Handed said...

Somebody became a little bit stronger. :) Shit happens, troubles come your way but when the shadows pass away and the good things start happenning, you know that it just the course life takes. I am proud f you for you let something go. Now baby fly!

The DRAGON in the skin of a goat ;-p said...

@Red: full shy coming (blush blush) :D...yep you have no idea how great it felt to just let it out...felt so much more lighter and like a dog I stuck my head out of the window in the car on my way back hoping to lift off any min ;-)...BTW did you read the post on DOV?

Post a Comment

So whaddya think?